Free Webinars for NHS Employees
Welcome to our free to register employment services webinars, designed to give NHS employees key information on a range of hot topics, saving them time contacting our helpdesk. NHS Shared Business Services have scheduled these webinars to help employees and employers understand key payroll and pension topics.
It's easy to book and participate!
Our webinars can run with a large number of attendees, so we have made it easy for you to book onto your chosen date with subjects running each month throughout 2020.
You can register for the webinar here and watch on your own device or on a large screen display should you want to participate together with a colleague or team.
We receive great feedback from NHS staff for our webinars so please let your colleagues and staff know that these are available for them to join by registering here.
Click on the date in the schedule tables below to book your place on our free webinars.
Which webinar should I attend?
Understanding Your Agenda for Change (AfC) Payslip - Suitable for newer employees to the NHS, this webinar is designed to give you an overview on how to read your NHS AfC payslip. This will cover the following:
- Explanation of your pay, allowances & deductions
- Differences between this pay period & year to date balance
- Explanation of the abbreviations
- Payslips in the MySBSPay App
How to Raise a Payroll and Pensions Query Through the NHS SBS Portal - An introduction to our self-service portal, this will cover the following:
- How to register, set your log in details & change your password
- Signing in & viewing your profile
- Using the knowledge articles to find information
- How to create a case for yourself
- How to view a case & add comments
Tax (PAYE) Explained - This webinar provides a basic overview of how tax is calculated via the PAYE (pay as you earn) scheme in England, this will cover the following:
- Understanding your tax code & tax allowance
- The current tax thresholds
- How tax is calculated
- Different tax codes
- P60, P45, P11d forms
National Insurance Explained - This webinar is designed to give a basic overview of how National Insurance (NI) is calculated, this will cover the following:
- Who Pays NI?
- Current NI categories
- Current NI thresholds
- How NI is calculated
- Basic NI aggregation for two or more posts with the same employer
Understanding Your Maternity or Adoption Pay - This webinar is aimed at employees looking to start a family and find out about the maternity or adoption entitlement, this will cover the following:
- Statutory maternity or adoption pay and eligibility
- Occupational maternity or adoption pay and eligibility
- Calculating average weekly earnings
- Maternity or adoption leave
- Keeping in touch days
- Your NHS pensions contributions whilst on leave
Shared Parental Leave and Pay Explained - This webinar is aimed at employees looking to start a family and interested in find out how the can share the leave and pay with their partner. This will cover the following:
- Statutory shared parental pay
- Occupational shared parental pay and how this is shared depending on which partner works for the NHS
- Shared parental leave
- Shared parental in touch days
- Eligibility and notice periods
- How leave and pay can be split - scenarios
If you are interested in Shared Parental, we suggest attending the Maternity & Adoption webinar first to understand all your options.
Sickness and Absence Pay Explained - This webinar provides an overview of the sickness entitlement for NHS staff and will cover the following:
- Statutory sick pay
- Occupational sick pay
- AFC Absence
The payroll webinars run once a month, with dates scheduled throughout 2020 and 2021. We are offer two dates per month; one at 10am and one at 5pm. Please click on the dates below to select your subject, date and register:
NHS Pension Scheme Pre-Retirement - The process of retiring and claiming benefits from the NHS Pension Scheme and when to submit a retirement application.
This will cover the following:
- 1995/2008 and 2015 Schemes
- How are pensions benefits calculated
- Normal and early retirement
- Applying for pension benefits
- Working after retirement
Introduction to the NHS Pension Scheme Webinar for New Starters - This is targeted at new starters to the organisation but can also be used for any employees who are members of the 2015 scheme and would like a brief overview or refresher on how the scheme works. This will cover the following:
- Checking payslips, what payments are pensionable and contributions rates
- How 2015 scheme pensions benefits are calculated
- Opting out, refunds and transfers
- Types of retirement
- Ill health and life assurance benefits
- Increasing pensions benefits
The pension webinars run once a month and we have dates scheduled through to 2021. Please click on this link to select your subject, date and register:
|Introduction to the NHS Pension Scheme Webinar|
Joining the webinar
After registering for the chosen date, a confirmation email containing joining instructions will be sent.
Before joining, can you please ensure IT systems have been checked to avoid any connectivity issues before the webinar starts.
You can test your IT equipment is compatible by visiting the following link:
There will be a choice between sound being available through a PC or laptop or via a telephone line.
Please note, if you are experiencing issues loading the page to register for one of our webinars using Internet Explorer, please try using another browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome.
If you have any queries regarding the webinars then please get in touch with us by emailing:
Payroll webinars: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pension Webinars: email@example.com