Integrated Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting for the NHS.
Horizon from NHS Shared Business Services is a cloud-based, integrated financial intelligence tool that enables NHS organisations to create robust plans, budgets and forecasts to meet regulator requirements and run their organisations more efficiently and effectively.
Horizon is designed by the NHS for the NHS, to provide visibility and control throughout the end-to-end financial planning process.
We have developed Horizon in partnership with Wolters Kluwer/ CCH Tagetik, who are recognised as a leading vendor in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Planning & Analysis Solutions 2020.
- as a cloud-based system, your Horizon data and analytics are available on desktop or laptop, whenever and wherever you're online, empowering stakeholder meetings anywhere.
- integrated with Oracle, data input is automated, eliminating human error and the risks associated with combining multiple spreadsheets. So accuracy of, and confidence in, the numbers increases, and organisational and financial resilience is improved.
- with built-in top down and bottom up in-depth planning for current and subsequent year, and summary level top down planning for years 3-5, driving long-term plans and deep-dive views as needed.
- a fully version-controlled audit trail informs any necessary data investigations and demonstrates robust change control processes and organisational financial rigour.
- instant, real time views on some analytics and quick reporting outputs on others save staff time and simplify the delivery of plans to the regulator. Horizon is compatible with dynamic reporting in MS Office applications too, so no more data lifting and shifting to populate reports you run regularly.
- Horizon's interface looks and feels like Excel so it's quick and easy for teams to learn to use the system and be comfortable working with it.
- Horizon's rolling budget capability ensures a smooth transition from year to year, giving confidence in financial comparisons and forecasts based on prior years.
- the scenario planning and modelling functionality enables risk-free decision impact analysis and 'what-if' scenario consideration.
- can be implemented at any point in the financial cycle, so there's no need to change systems in the middle of a busy year-end, and user experience can be gained at non-peak periods.
View the latest webinar on Horizon, which was recorded in August 2021.
To find out how Horizon can support your organisation's financial planning strategy, please contact us on: