Contrast Media (including Injectors and Associated Products)
Potential saving opportunities 5%
Framework Agreement Description
The Contrast Media Framework Agreement provides contrast materials for use in improving pictures of the inside of the body during medical imaging to help improve visibility. This framework covers ionic iodine and non ionic iodine for use in radiology, MRI, CT scans and x-rays. Also covered under this contrast media framework are contrast injectors for injecting contrast media, plus ancillaries and associated products.
Download the Framework Flyer
Framework Agreement Information
What is the framework duration?
09 March 2020 - 08 March 2024
Who can take advantage of the framework agreement?
All NHS SBS Approved Organisations. This includes any Public Sector Organisation in the UK.
What does this framework cover?
A range of products including:
• Ionic and non-ionic iodine based contrast media (including high and low osmolarity)
• Paramagnetic contrast media
• Specialist contrast media products, including, but not limited to:-
- Contrast agents for gastro-intestinal examinations including barium sulphate (includes lower GI tract exam media)
- Oral contrast media for GI tract and CT scans
- Ultrasound contrast agents
• Contrast injectors (including service and maintenance)
• Ancillaries / associated products / maintenance
• All aspects of radiology and medical Imaging
What are the benefits of using the NHS SBS contrast media framework?
• OJEU COMPLIANT
A detailed procurement exercise has taken place to ensure that suppliers selected are appropriate in terms of meeting all legislative requirements and therefore, no formal tendering is required, saving valuable time and money in the procurement process.
• SIMPLIFIED ORDERING PROCESS
Ability to view suppliers through GHX/NEXUS, which supports the ordering and payment process.
• INCLUSIVE FRAMEWORK
The procurement offers a one stop shop solution whereby trusts can directly call off from the agreement.
• CLINICALLY COMPLIANT
All products comply with the Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC.
• DELIVERY OPTIONS AVAILABLE
Direct delivery option to all participating authorities.
• FLEXIBLE AND AGILE
New products and innovations can be added to the framework scope.