Contrast Media (including Injectors and Associated Products)
Potential saving opportunities 5%
Framework Agreement Description
The Contrast Media Framework Agreement provides contrast materials for use in improving pictures of the inside of the body during medical imaging to help improve visibility. This framework covers ionic iodine and non ionic iodine for use in radiology, MRI, CT scans and x-rays. Also covered under this contrast media framework agreement are contrast injectors for injecting contrast media, plus ancillaries and associated products.
Download the Framework Flyer
Contrast Media (including Injectors and Associated Products) (PDF) [177KB]
Framework Agreement Information
What is the framework agreement duration?
09 March 2020 - 08 March 2024
Who can take advantage of the framework agreement?
All NHS SBS Approved Organisations. This includes any Public Sector Organisation in the UK.
What does this framework agreement cover?
A range of products including:
• Ionic and non-ionic iodine based contrast media (including high and low osmolarity)
• Paramagnetic contrast media
• Specialist contrast media products, including, but not limited to:-
- Contrast agents for gastro-intestinal examinations including barium sulphate (includes lower GI tract exam media)
- Oral contrast media for GI tract and CT scans
- Ultrasound contrast agents
• Contrast injectors (including service and maintenance)
• Ancillaries / associated products / maintenance
• All aspects of radiology and medical Imaging
What are the benefits of using the NHS SBS contrast media framework agreement?
• OJEU COMPLIANT
A detailed procurement exercise has taken place to ensure that suppliers selected are appropriate in terms of meeting all legislative requirements and therefore, no formal tendering is required, saving valuable time and money in the procurement process.
• SIMPLIFIED ORDERING PROCESS
Ability to view suppliers through GHX/NEXUS, which supports the ordering and payment process.
• INCLUSIVE FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT
The procurement offers a one stop shop solution whereby trusts can directly call off from the agreement.
• CLINICALLY COMPLIANT
All products comply with the Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC.
• DELIVERY OPTIONS AVAILABLE
Direct delivery option to all participating authorities.
• FLEXIBLE AND AGILE
New products and innovations can be added to the framework agreement scope.
Contact the Health Procurement Solutions Team
Contact the team about this framework agreement Health Framework Agreements Enquiry
Sign-up to hear from the Health Procurement Solutions Team
Sign-up here Health Sign-up Form
Lots 1 & 2
The framework agreement is divided into two separate lots:
Lot 1: Contrast Media
This lot is for the provision of Contrast Media:
• Ionic iodine-based Contrast Media for use in all relevant procedures
• Non-Ionic iodine based Contrast Media (including high and Low Osmolarity) for use in all relevant procedures
• Paramagnetic Contrast Media for use in all relevant procedures.
• Specialist Contrast Media Products including but not limited to: Contrast agents for gastro-intestinal examinations including barium sulphate, (includes lower GI tract exam media), oral contrast media for GI tract and CT scans, ultrasound contrast agents.
Lot 2: Injectors and Associated Products
This lot is for the provision of Injectors and Associated Products:
• Injectors (including service and maintenance)
• Ancillaries / Associated Products / Maintenance.