Framework Agreement Description
The Robotic Surgery, Consumables and Related Services Framework includes; robotic surgery, related services and consumables and a route to market to a managed service. Robotic surgical systems consist of robotic arms with laparoscopic instruments, where doctor sits a few feet away from operating table at a computer console viewing 3D visual of operating region. Market predictions for sales growth of robotic assistance for intuitive is a 20% increase as more systems are employed across a wider range of clinical specialities.
Framework Agreement Information
When does it start?
01 November 2018 to 01 April 2023
Who can take advantage?
Head of Procurement, Directors of Finance, CCG Clinical Leaders, Care Trust CEs, Foundation Trust CEs , Medical Directors, Directors of PH, Directors of Nursing, NHS England Regional Directors, NHS England Directors of Commissioning Operations, Directors of Finance, GPs, NHS Trust CEs
Robotic surgical systems consist of robotic arms with laparoscopic instruments, where a doctor sits a few feet away from operating table at a computer console viewing 3D visual of operating region. One unit refers to one robotic surgical system. Market predictions for sales growth of robotic assistance for intuitive is a 20% increase as more systems are employed across a wider range of clinical specialities. This project will help all our members to minimise the lead time to resource the equipment. At the moment the market is demanding a new generation of robotic surgeries. This framework will include the following items: robotic surgery, related services and consumables and route to market to managed to service.
Benefits of using the framework
• OJEU AVOIDANCE
A compliant procurement exercise has been already undertaken to ensure that the framework suppliers meet all key standards and requirements, saving valuable time and resources.
• DIRECT AWARD
Ability to directly award a contract to approved suppliers on the framework, which provides a timely and compliant route to market to meet your requirements.
Opportunity to run a mini-competition to meet the bespoke requirements.
• FULLY MANAGED SERVICE
Option to award a contract to a single supplier to perform all services offered within the scope of the framework agreement.
• AGILE and INNOVATIVE FRAMEWORK
Suppliers will be able to bring forward new technology throughout the life of the agreement.
• QUALITY OF SERVICE PROVISION
The experience and capability of suppliers has been robustly tested via the process to establish the framework agreement giving full confidence in the approved suppliers.
• GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE
Suppliers are able to supply all regions of the UK.
This framework allows contracting authorities to benefit from the expertise of the awarded suppliers in selecting the most economically advantageous solutions to meet their clinical and business requirements.
Framework Agreements & Support
Framework Agreements & Support
Scope of the framework
To provide a compliant route to market in this new and developing technology sector introducing new and existing providers to the NHS for the first time in a framework.
Supplier Details and Lot Structure
| LOT 1 (Available now)|
| Intuitive Surgical|| TransEnterix|| Medtronic|| CMR Surgical|
| Intuitive Surgical|
| CMR Surgical|
- Intuitive Surgical Sarl, Lot 1 models available Intuitive X-Single, X - Dual, Xi - Single, Xi - Dual with 2 levels of service plan: complete care, premium care
- TransEnterix (SRA Developments Ltd) Lot 1 Senhance Robot full 4 arm configuration 3 arm/base configuration service and exchange plan and multi-tier service plan based on patient throughput to cover re-useable instruments sets/trays
- Medtronic Lot 1 the Mazor X surgical system is indicated for precise positioning of surgical instruments or spinal implants during general spinal surgery and easily integrates with the surgical workflow
- CMR Surgical Versius Surgical Robotic System Lot 1. Providing user sterilized active and non-active instruments in the areas of urological general laproscopic and gynaecological laproscopic surgical procedures
| LOT 2 (Awaiting Regulatory Approval)|
| Inomed Health Limited|| Medtronic|
For more framework agreements see our