Sustainable Healthcare Recycling & Waste Management
Framework Agreement Description
The Sustainable Healthcare Recycling & Waste Management agreement has been specially developed to provide a procurement solution that is leading in its offer of a sustainable waste management. It provides a quick, simple, and compliant procurement route to market for a sustainable waste management centred around the principles in the waste hierarchy.
Missed our webinar? Catch-up below
Download the Framework Flyer
Framework Agreement Information
When does the framework agreement start and end?
23 October 2023 - 23 October 2025
Who can take advantage of the framework agreement?
All NHS and public sector organisations across the United Kingdom
What does the framework agreement cover?
The framework agreement provides a quick, simple, and compliant procurement route to market for sustainable waste management solutions for the NHS and the wider public sector.
• LOT 1: Recycling and Waste Consultancy
• LOT 2: Sustainable Asset Management/Waste Re-purposing Solutions & Technology
• LOT 3.1: Clinical Healthcare Waste
• LOT 3.2: Reuseable Sharps
• LOT 4: Sanitary & Washroom Services
• LOT 5.1: Commercial & Household Waste
• LOT 5.2: Food Recycling Management Services
• LOT 5.3: Hazardous Waste
• LOT 6: Confidential Recycling & Waste Destruction & Disposal
• LOT 7.1: Recycling & Waste Minimisation Products: Bio-digesters
• LOT 7.2: Recycling & Waste Minimisation Products: Aerobic Waste Digestors
• LOT 7.3: Recycling & Waste Minimisation Products: Compactors
• LOT 7.4: Recycling & Waste Minimisation Products: Bins
• LOT 8.1: Sustainable Waste Management Technology: Pyrolysis
• LOT 8.2: Sustainable waste Management Technology: Microwave Solutions
• LOT 9: Total Recycling & Waste Management
• LOT 10.1: Barts NHS Hospital Trust: Residual & Commercial Household Waste
• LOT 10.2: Barts NHS Hospital Trust: Cardboard
• LOT 10.3: Barts NHS Hospital Trust: Food Services
• LOT 10.4: Barts NHS Hospital Trust: Clinical Waste (Containers)
• LOT 10.5: Barts NHS Hospital Trust: Non- infectious Clinical Waste
• LOT 10.6: Barts NHS Hospital Trust: Clinical waste (Lo & Hi Temp. Destruction)
• LOT 10.7: Barts NHS Hospital Trust: Feminine Hygiene Services
• LOT 10.8: Barts NHS Hospital Trust: Benchmarking & Waste Contractor Compliance
• LOT 10.9: Barts NHS Hospital Trust: On-site Waste Auditing & Behavioural Change Services
• LOT 11: Manchester NHS Trusts: Domestic Waste
What are the benefits of the framework agreement?
• DIRECT AWARD OR MINI-COMPETITION
Provides an PCR15 compliant route to market and the flexibility to direct award to a single supplier or run a mini-competition saving valuable time and resources.
• DEDICATED SUPPORT
Expert advice available from our team who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get things moving.
• QUALITY OF SERVICE PROVISION
The experience, expertise and quality commitment of suppliers is assessed during the tender evaluation, with performance and user satisfaction monitored on an ongoing basis.
• TOTAL RECYCLING & WASTE MANAGEMENT
The framework provides the ability to source all your requirements as part of a single solution for recycling and waste management.
• CONTRACT FLEXIBILITY
Users can embed their own established ways of working into the process to ensure it aligns with their own internal governance.
• COMPETITIVE PRICING
Pricing options and capped rates have been secured with structured and controlled price review provisions from year 2 to ensure our users have cost certainty.
How does the framework agreement support sustainable waste management?
• Developed to meet sustainability and clinical waste segregation requirements to support compliance with the new HTM 07-01 (2023 version)
• Offers waste repurposing and reuse solutions, supporting the circular economy.
• Drives cost savings and sustainability gains through Waste Consultancy Services. This includes data collection, tracking of waste, behavioural change programs to reduce costs and support waste segregation targets.
• On-site waste treatment solutions for reduced road transportation.
• Innovative technological solutions to reduce carbon footprints, including microwave solutions, pyrolysis, on-site bio digesters, and aerobic waste digesters.
• Developed to support the utilisation of waste as a resource, decreasing volumes of waste taken for off-site treatment.
Contact the Construction & Estates Procurement Solutions Team
Sign-up to hear from the Construction & Estates Procurement Solutions Team
|Acumen Waste Services Ltd||Independent Safety Services Limited||Suez Recycling and Recovery UK Ltd|
|Bagnall & Morris (Waste Services) Ltd||Keenan Recycling Limited||Sharpsmart Ltd|
|Bergmann Direct Ltd||Mission HERU Ltd||Shred Station Ltd|
|Biffa Waste Services Ltd||Mitie Waste and Environmental Services||Shred-it Limited|
|Bywaters (Leyton) Limited||Personnel Hygiene Services Limited||Shredall (East Midlands) Limited|
|Catalyst Waste Solutions Limited||Pro Health Solutions Limited||Sitemark Ltd|
|Fresh Start Waste Services Ltd||Ricardo-AEA Ltd||SRCL Ltd T/A Stericycle|
|Globechain (UK) Limited||Ramco (UK) Limited||Sust-N Limited|
|Greenzone Facilities Management Ltd||Rentokil Initial UK Ltd||Tradebe Healthcare National Ltd|
|Grundon Waste Management Limited||Restore Datashred Limited||Veolia ES (UK) Limited|