Medicines Management Prescribing Decision Support System
Framework Agreement Description
This framework provides a compliant route to access a computerised system for increasing the effectiveness, safety and cost effectiveness of prescribing. This is available as a complete off the shelf package. The system provides clear and concise suggestions of more effective, safer or cost effective medicines early in the process when a prescriber has begun to prescribe a medicine that is deemed likely to be a suboptimal choice, taking into account relevant national guidance.
Framework Agreement Information
When does it start?
What does it cover?
Why should I use it?
• COMPLIANT ROUTE TO MARKET
Detailed Service Offering
• Computerised support to increase the effectiveness, safety and cost effectiveness of prescribing and that works well with TPP SystmOne, EMIS Web or equivalent.
• Available as a complete off the shelf package system (COTS) with minimal customisation except for the loading of profiles and associated adjustments.
• Provides clear and concise suggestions of more effective, safer or cost effective medicines early in the process when a prescriber has begun to prescribe a medicine that is deemed likely to be a suboptimal choice, taking into account relevant national guidance.
• Enables prescribers to switch easily to the suggested medicine, at an appropriate dose and frequency if the switch suggestion is accepted.
• Enables efficient management of the profile of switch suggestions and messages displayed, adding and deleting suggestions and messages, deciding whether to switch specific suggestions on or off, and refining the content of messages the system displays to prescribers.
• Allows the switch profile to be updated centrally and remotely for all user practices (i.e. visits to practices not required).
• Generates Reports to include:
- Net savings or increases of prescribing expenditure
- Acceptance and rejection rates for individual switch suggestions and for the aggregated total of switch suggestions
- Rates of prescribing for formulary and non-formulary medicines
- Reasons for prescribers' rejection of individual switch suggestions where recorded
• Training for the use of the available functionality in Medicines Optimisation available for medicines management teams
• Customer support desk
|First Databank Europe Limited||Optum Health Solutions (UK) Ltd|
You might also be interested to find out more about our other similar frameworks:
For more framework agreements see our