When does it start?
2 January 2019 - 1 January 2023
Who can take advantage?
The Framework Agreement is free to access for all UK Public Sector Bodies
What does it cover?
To provide a compliant route to market for the provision of Waste Management and Minimisation Services.
Key services covered:
• Clinical Healthcare Waste - includes clinical waste, offensive (hygiene) waste, pharmaceutical waste, anatomical waste, sharps and laboratory wastes.
• Reusable Sharps - includes the provision of a manage solution for the implementation, supply, collection and cleaning of reusable sharps containers.
• Sanitary and Washroom Services - includes the collection and disposal of sanitary waste and installation and maintenance of sanitary bins.
• Domestic Waste - includes general non-confidential office waste, offensive healthcare waste, hazardous non-healthcare waste, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, WEEE waste, mattresses and miscellaneous waste.
• Confidential Waste Destruction and Disposal - includes all confidential waste and both on- and off-site shredding and lockable consoles, bins and sacks.
• Total Waste Management (TWM) - includes at least two of the above service areas. The agreed service may include between 2 and 4 of the individual service areas as a bundled service, or all 5 of the above service areas as a fully managed service.
Why should I use it?
• OJEU AVOIDANCE
A detailed procurement exercise has taken place to ensure that suppliers selected meet all legislative requirements; therefore, no formal tendering is required, saving valuable time and money in the procurement process.
• DIRECT AWARD
The agreement gives freedom and flexibility for all participating authorities to choose the suppliers they wish within the remit of the agreement.
• TOTAL WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICE
Option to award one supplier to manage multiple waste streams including offensive waste.
• REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
Solutions are compliant with all waste, health and safety, environmental and transport legislation including Environmental Permits and licences, and the Health Technical Memorandum 07-01: Safe Management of Healthcare Waste, reducing the risk of liability to the Trust.
• COMPETITIVE PRICING
A range of pricing options and discount structures, settlements and rebates in relation to the resale and reuse of waste.
• ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
Addresses environmental impacts and encourages the segregation, minimisation, elimination and subsequent treatment, recovery, recycling, safe handling, transportation and appropriate treatment and disposal of both clinical and domestic waste streams.
• Reusable sharps bin offering
Suppliers can provide a reusable sharps bin offering.