New year, new services from NHS SBS
The year is nearly over - and what a year it's been!
I hope that as you read this, you are looking forward to some time away from work, perhaps in the company of family or friends.
To say that 2020 has been a challenge is an understatement; every part of the NHS has had to adapt to incredible pressures and new ways of working. On behalf of all my colleagues at NHS Shared Business Services, I would like to say a huge thank you. You rose to the challenge magnificently, and are owed a debt of gratitude by the entire country.
The year has also been one of transformation here at NHS SBS. From supporting CCG consolidation through to processing thousands of extra payrolls and equipping the NHS Nightingale hospitals, our teams have been helping to ensure that money flows around the system, and that front-line services have the people and equipment needed to continue. We've pulled some of the highlights together in a short brochure, which you can read here.
With the prospect of vaccination on the horizon, I'm confident that 2021 will see a return to some sort of normality, even if it's not the normality we used to know.
We have plenty of developments planned for the new year, including:
- Our Approve app, which will allow users to approve Oracle PO requisitions whenever they want, wherever they are
- Horizon - a new financial intelligence tool that provides visibility & control throughout the end-to-end financial planning process
- Supplier Early Payments - securing savings for NHS organisations and optimising cash flow for their suppliers
- The Edge4Health - our cloud-based, consumer-style marketplace, which had more than £110m spent through it in 2020 - will be improved and rolled out to more trusts
- New framework agreements, many of them unique, will be launched to help leverage the buying power of the NHS
- MySBSPay - our free pay day app - will continue to be developed to provide NHS employees with the flexibility and added value they need
We will also be providing additional dedicated support to Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) as the NHS continues its shift towards a place-based model of care.
Beyond these developments, we want to extend an invitation to you in 2021. We would like to work even more closely with you, to help shape our direction and co-create solutions that deliver exactly what you need.
We will be running roadshows and user forums, and there will be other opportunities to get involved at a more strategic level too. More details will be circulated in the next few weeks, so please keep a look-out for these.
In the meantime, I wish you and your loved ones a peaceful and joyful festive season, and I look forward to working with you in 2021.
NHS Shared Business Services