CCGs turn to PHBChoices to hit government personalised targets
As the government runs a national consultation on extending the legal rights to have a personal health budget (PHB), 25 CCGs have signed up to use PHBChoices to help manage the impending targets they must hit to increase the number of PHB holders in their area.
Every CCG across the country has a statutory duty to provide a PHB (to those who want one) for adults eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare (NHS CHC) and those eligible for children and young people's continuing care, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
The Next Steps on the Five Year Forward View includes specific commitments to increase the choice and control people have over their care through PHBs, with plans to reach more than 40,000 people by 2019.
The government's 'Mandate to the NHS', meanwhile, outlines the expectation that numbers will reach 50,000-100,000 by March 2021.
And with the current public consultation on extending the legal rights due to end next month - the likelihood is that these numbers will only increase.
It all means that - on current figures - many CCGs up and down the country will need to very quickly achieve a tenfold increase in PHB holders in their region.
Fortunately, for those responsible for managing such a huge change, help is at hand.
Our unique PHBChoices care marketplace - which is available at no additional cost to CCGs - is already up and running to provide CCGs with a safe and secure means to facilitate PHBs for their local populations.
CCGs benefit from:
- access to outsourced cloud-based technology with no need for any capital expenditure or on-going operational expenditure
- simplified billing & audit trail for co-funding
- a single system for PHB, notionals & self-funders
- improved governance and compliance
- management information to enable informed decision making
- reduced admin burden on clinical staff
- real-time visibility of spend, providing transparency and promoting safety
- improved pricing through competition and marketplace moderation
- access to PHBPayroll