New Framework Agreements launched
The portfolio of framework agreements offered by NHS SBS continues to expand, with many innovative and unique products and services now available.
Offering typical savings of around five per cent, all our framework agreements are free to access (subject to membership, which is also free of charge). Our robust tendering processes mean that customers using our contracts have the option to make an OJEU-compliant direct award - or they can run a mini-competition to find exactly the right supplier for their needs.
Our agreements can be used by any public sector organisation, not just the NHS. This includes local authorities; schools, colleges and universities; the emergency services, housing associations and many more.
New or refreshed frameworks include:
• Clinical Managed Services. Produced in response to the increasing demand for Managed Services given constraints on capital budgets, the need to deliver increased throughput from services, and enhanced patient care. This framework provides an end to end solution for customers, including consultancy, Managed Maintenance Services and specialist managed services in a wide range of areas, including critical care, theatres, renal and more. The supplier base includes a mix of Vendor Neutral and Own Equipment Manufacturers to reflect a mix of routes to market.
• Insourcing of Clinical Services. Supports the increasingly popular use of insourcing, where an NHS organisation sub-contracts medical services and procedures to be delivered out-of-hours. This framework covers:
- Provision of a multi-disciplinary consultant let service
- Triage and clinical assessment of patients
- Clinically appropriate diagnostics and treatment (excluding surgical interventions beyond day surgery)
- Provision of onward referral or discharge
- Follow-up appointments
• Consult 18: Multidisciplinary Consultancy Services. Covers a wide range of services, including Healthcare Business Consultancy, Leadership & Governance Strategy; Healthcare Service Business & Transformation; Healthcare Innovation & Research; Health & Community; IT Consultancy; Finance, HR and more.
• Vehicle Fleet Management. Enables easy procurement of car schemes via salary deduction, salary sacrifice or lease along with a variety of other services, such as Grey Fleet Management, electronic expenses, lease or hire of vehicles and supply of fuel cards.
• Car Park Management and Infrastructure. The only fully comprehensive one-stop solution for all car parking needs - from design, build and finance, through to pay and display solutions, electric vehicle charging, cycle storage and more. Supports the government's "Road to Zero" initiative.
• Waste Management and Minimisation Services. Includes Clinical Healthcare Waste; Reusable Sharps; Sanitary and Washroom Services; Domestic Waste and Confidential Waste Destruction and Disposal. Also includes a Total Waste Management (TWM) option, incorporating at least two of the above areas and a full managed service option incorporating all five areas.
• Equipment for the High Level Disinfection of Ultrasound Probes. Covering automated decontamination/disinfection systems for use with ultrasound probes, where high-level disinfection is required to kill the human papilloma virus (HPV). The aim of this framework is to support and work with trusts to comply with best practice guidance on the decontamination/disinfection of ultrasound probes.
• Robotic Surgery, Navigation Systems and Related Services. Sales of robotic surgery systems - where a surgeon controls a robot equipped with laparoscopic instruments - are growing by approximately 20 per cent per year. This framework covers all robotic surgery equipment, consumables and related services.
PLUS - coming soon - A new online Portal will make accessing our frameworks easier than ever before, with an interactive search function, downloadable buying guides and support available at the touch of a button.