New Integrated ePayment solution
NHS SBS is committed to helping NHS Trusts recover debt. We recognise that limited payment channels in many organisations results in raising retrospective invoices and increases the risk of bad debt.
To address this, we're piloting an e-payment system that increases the capacity to accept card payments and gives your debtors more ways to pay. The system effectively enables all goods and services to be available in an internet "shop". As over 90% of people regularly use the internet to make purchases, this functionality is now commonplace and people expect this payment channel to be available.
The system also enables chip and pin machines to be connected to any PC in the trust, allowing payment to be taken at the point of delivery and avoiding the need for retrospective invoicing.
The system is fully integrated with Oracle, thus eliminating the need for paper records and the rework of entering receipts into Oracle. Initial client feedback is excellent, with University Hospital Southampton NHS FT already looking to roll this out across the trust, starting with pharmacies for prescription payments.
The benefits of our e-payment system include:
- Doing away with a paper based collection process
- Increased rates of collection and reduction in bad debt
- Improved financial position and cash flow
- Increased staff efficiency and resources
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security compliance
- Reduction in cash, cheques, bank charges and security carrier costs
- Eliminating the need for expensive cash sheets and receipt books
- Eliminating existing Chip and Pin machine rental and supporting telephone lines