New tool to make light work of Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
Work on our Planning Budgeting and Forecasting (PB&F) tool has been ramping up in recent months as the spring 2019 launch approaches. The tool will complement our core service, providing the familiar look and feel of Excel but will actually be a cloud-based financial intelligence system offering:
- A 360° organisational view across the PB&F process from a single dashboard
- Workflow tools to enhance collaboration and reduce process time
- Full integration with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Electronic Staff Records (ESR) systems enabling automatic data population to increase accuracy and save time
- Built-in quality assurance systems to improve the robustness of the process and the numbers
- Accessibility and transparency, but with system-wide security and full audit traceability
To ensure the tool meets the unique needs of NHS finance teams and their internal and external colleagues we recently hosted workshops for representatives from NHS England and four of our pilot provider sites in central London.
Hosted by our platform development partners CCH® Tagetik, these workshops drilled down to the finer details of the PB&F process. Who does what? When? Why? What information is involved at each stage and how is it created, analysed and communicated to relevant stakeholders? How is each report used and by whom? What data are reused the following year? The questions were endless and the discussions enlightening! The outputs are now being used by Tagetik to design the platform's workflows, data management engine, interfaces and collaborative tools, and to define the reporting options.
If you'd like more information, or to discuss how this new tool could support your organisation's finance goals, please contact your NHS SBS Client Partnership Executive or click here.