IT Senior Project Manager (Leeds)
Location: Wakefield (Tingley)
Salary: up to £50,000pa DOE plus Holidays, Pension and 15% flexible benefits fund
A brand new opportunity has arisen for an experienced digital Project Manager to join our IT Portfolio Delivery team. As part of this key strategic project, you will get the opportunity to make a real difference to NHS SBS offering. If you wish to take up this exciting opportunity you should have hands on project / programme management experience.
- To own and deliver the projects, programmes, work-packages, ensuring that it conforms to customer and NHS SBS project/programme management governance standards, and time, cost, and quality specifications.
- Closely work with stakeholders to ensure they are engaged and remain committed to assigned projects and have complete and continuing awareness of the project plan, key milestones, progress to date and plans to completion, providing regular and accurate reports on progress, issues and plans to relevant senior client and NHS SBS management and escalating any issues as per agreed escalation procedures.
- Ensure effective client engagement and stakeholder management by actively representing the project team and NHS SBS to the client, ensuring that relationships are built and maintained inside the client organization and by ensuring that effective and agreed project governance processes are implemented.
- Management of risks, issues and change, raising awareness of risks to ensure cost-effective and prompt resolution of issues.
- Support the formal closure of projects and the completion of project, early life support and lessons learned reviews, in order to ensure that lessons learned are captured and passed to the relevant forum for action and enhance own and teams development, skills enhancement and overall contribution.
- Recent and relevant project/programme management experience with a track record of delivering to required standards
- Experience of working with Agile techniques (SCRUM, DSDM)
- APMP or Prince 2 (p)
- Recent experience of deploying digital and/or robotics projects
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.