Procurement Manager (Salford)
Salary: Competitive plus Pension, Holiday and 5% Flexible benefit fund
An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a number of experienced Procurement managers to join the Procurement delivery team within NHS Shared Business Services.
As the Procurement manager, you will be working with the Strategic Procurement & Commissioning Support Team, other key internal stakeholders and crucially our clients, to ensure procurement activities are optimised and delivered in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
To be successful in the role you will be an exceptional relationship builder with a proven record of dealing with a range of complex procurement projects.
- Autonomously managing health related procurement projects from end to end supported by the relevant legal procurement rules and regulations, with Head of Procurement management gateway support
- To provide in-depth knowledge of Procurement process (legal process, scoping, briefing, tendering, selection, evaluation, contract negotiation and management of suppliers)
- To develop contracts and negotiate strategies with business owners and external stakeholders
- Develop effective evaluation methodologies which deliver against client objectives
- Lead the mobilisation of contracts on behalf of clients liaising between client and successful bidder stakeholders
- To influence internal stakeholders to ensure procurement strategy aligns with best practise and legislative compliance
- Work with the wider commissioner and strategic sourcing procurement teams to support their projects with robust financial decision-making and evidence.
- Delivering training, workshops and presentations
- Ability to travel nationally is necessary to deliver in this role, although will be kept to a minimum where possible.
- Basic formal procurement training (can be organisational / local qualification / CPD courses)
- Procurement of goods and / or services
- Experience of basic contract and supplier management
- Good standard of project management experience
- Experience of influencing with only virtual project leadership power
- Development of financial cost and evaluation models
- In-depth knowledge of Procurement process (requirements scoping, sourcing strategy, selection processes, evaluation methodologies, contract drafting and negotiation, service mobilisation preparation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- A natural interest in the public sector agenda and the NHS landscape
- Excellent written and visual presentation skills
- Complete tasks and responsibilities to tight deadlines whilst managing stakeholders expectations
- Good working knowledge of the NHS landscape and its relevance to the role
- Procurement project management in health and social care services
- Experience dealing with complex negotiations on prices and contract terms in order to deliver savings
- Procurement of complex outsourced services
- Data analytics to support modelling and forecasting of demand to build requirements
- Experience of managing mobilisation for clients as part of the end to end procurement lifecycle
- CIPS qualified or equivalent
- Prince 2 or equivalent
- Lean and/or Six Sigma operational improvement project experience
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.