Regional HR Advisor (Leeds)
Location: Wakefield (Tingley), with frequent travel across the region
Salary: Competitive + plus holidays, pension & 5% flexible benefits package
Are you an employee with strong communication skills? Are you looking for a new challenge where you can apply your abilities and knowledge in a varied, development role? NHS SBS are looking to recruit a talented individual to provide support on various projects and case work, as allocated by the HR Business Partners and Director of HR.
You must have experience and confidence in communicating effectively at all levels and the ability to build strong working relationships. You will be expected to take the lead in supporting managers within your region with key HR processes in employee relations, coaching and general queries. As an individual you must be well organised and have the ability to proactively manage your own workload of approximately 30-40 cases at any one time.
The role is regional, therefore regular travel will be required to our various sites, including (but not limited to) our offices in Salford and Sheffield.
- Working on a variety of employee relations cases across the organisation, providing face to face support for managers in planning and supporting meetings.
- Providing comprehensive on site advice and support to line managers based on their needs, adhering to HR procedures and legislations.
- Advising managers on short and long term sickness absence, including the referral process to Occupational Health Services, proactively ensuring all options and risks are evaluated to create appropriate action plans
- Supporting the implementation of new procedures and updating old procedures, providing feedback and action plans to support the process
- Identifying and supporting stakeholders who would benefit from training, designing course material and training programmes.
- Delivery of manager process training
- Proactively improving own performance whilst keeping up to date on emerging employment legislation and codes of practice.
- Involvement in adhoc projects with HRBPs/HRD to support business strategic aims, i.e. employee engagement and new business.
- Attend manager forums, supporting with delivery of key messages.
- Supporting Employee Engagement Networks and facilitating Great Place to work action planning.
- Facilitating NHS SBS corporate induction.
- Holding HR drop in clinics at NHS SBS locations.
- Supporting with Employee briefings.
- Supporting with Employee communications in relation to HR projects.
- Experience of working in a previous HR role and/or people management experience.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Organisation Skills
- Ability to manage varied and busy workload
- NHS Business knowledge and understanding
- Experience of working in a central function
- Experience working in a HR Advisory role.
- Certificate in Personnel Practice
- CIPD qualified
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.