Senior VAT Consultant (Leeds)
Location: Wakefield (Tingley)
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 pa plus, holiday, pension and 15% flexible benefits package
We are looking to recruit a Senior VAT Consultant with an extensive background in NHS VAT & Tax. The role is sought to support the development of our VAT Consultancy service offering, working alongside our VAT Team in Leeds who oversee production of close to 300 VAT returns across our NHS client base.
The role will be heavily client facing, working towards challenging sales targets and helping shape the expansion of the service line. The successful candidate must be driven to succeed, available for frequent travel, give seminars/training and undertake a variety of VAT consultancy services in an efficient and professional manner.
Due to the nature of the role there will be regular UK travel required, therefore home working and a company car are an option and there are various offices across the UK atop the main base in Leeds available to work from (Salford, Sheffield, Bristol, Southampton).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a warm team and help shape the future of the service. The team are driven to succeed and strive to provide real value to the NHS!
- Working both independently and alongside the Operational VAT Manager, Senior VAT Consultant and the wider VAT Team to promote and manage the sale of VAT Consultancy services to the NHS.
- Support the expansion of VAT Consultancy Services and generate income through the achievement of sales targets.
- Manage and facilitate routine VAT seminars to potential clients.
- Prepare technical VAT documents and communications for clients.
- Frequent travel to client sites for VAT work/meetings.
- Working with finance and commercial teams to support on billing arrangements. Provide internal and external training to develop the team and clients.
- Provide VAT consultancy services to clients such as Partial Exemption and Business/Non-Business reviews; NHS VAT Capital reviews; Output Tax reviews; Contract reviews and; any ad-hoc work required by client organisations in order to meet their VAT statutory obligations.
- Comprehensive experience of the HMRC NHS VAT guidelines.
- Experience in dealing with HMRC requests
- Good communication, coaching and presentation skills
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to make well informed decisions on complex raw data complying with any relevant legislation
- Good commercial mind to make value judgments and recognise potential sales opportunities
- Excellent IT skills - in particular the use of Microsoft packages
- Full UK driving license and ability to travel across the UK to client sites
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP system
- Knowledge in other areas of VAT and Tax
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.