Framework Agreement Description
The framework aims to support the increasingly popular use of insourcing across the NHS to secure extra clinical capacity to meet increasing demand. This short to medium term solution allows Trusts to retain capacity planning in-house and ensure patients can be seen within the trust. Benefits include increased visibility of the patient pathway and greater resilience of local services.
Summary of Services:
- Provision of a range of specialities/disciplines as requested by the Participating Authority
- Triage and clinical assessment of patients for a range of conditions
- Clinically appropriate diagnostics and treatment, in accordance with Participating Authority procedure
- Provision of onward referral or discharge as appropriate, in accordance with Participating Authority procedure
- Follow up patient appointments for the duration of the contract period
- Service delivery on site at the Participating Authorities premises, using the NHS Organisation's equipment, IT systems and processes.
Framework Agreement Information
When does it start?
1st October 2018 to the 30th September 2020 with the option to extend for a further 2 x 12 month periods to 2022.
Who can take advantage?
All NHS and wider public sector organisations across the UK
What does it cover?
This framework aims to support the increasingly popular use of insourcing across the NHS to secure extra clinical capacity to meet increasing demand. This short to medium term solution allows Trusts to retain capacity planning in-house and ensure patients can be seen within the trust. Benefits include increased visibility of the patient pathway and greater resilience of local services.
Insourcing is defined as where NHS organisation sub-contract medical services/procedures. The supplier uses the NHS organisation's premises and equipment to deliver these services. Insourcing is largely focused on secondary care and the services are used out of hours when the premises/equipment is not being used by the NHS thus making efficient use of the services.
The framework covers the following service elements:-
• Provision of a multi-disciplinary consultant let service
• Triage and clinical assessment of patients
• Clinically appropriate diagnostics and treatment (excluding surgical interventions beyond day surgery)
• Provision of onward referral or discharge
• Follow up appointments
• Service delivery on site
A wide range of specialities are covered
Why should I use it?
• OJEU Compliance
A detailed procurement exercise has taken place to ensure that suppliers selected are appropriate in terms of meeting all legislative requirements and therefore no formal tendering is required, saving valuable time & money in the procurement process.
• Wide coverage
The procurement offers coverage of services across a wide range of HRG's including endoscopy, ophthalmology, general surgery, urology, gynaecology, oral surgery, plastic surgery, cardiology, dermatology, breast surgery, ENT, trauma and orthopaedic, vascular surgery and respiratory.
• Mini Competition
Opportunity to run a mini competition off the back of the framework agreement, in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each trust. However customers can also call-off.
• Supplier Flexibility
The agreement gives freedom and flexibility for all participating Authorities to choose the suppliers they wish within the remit of the Agreement.
• Implementation Support
Support is available to assist in the implementation of the agreement.
• Agile Framework
The appointed suppliers will be able to bring forward new services throughout the life of the agreement. The framework was also awarded under the 'Light Touch regime' therefore the option exists for NHS Shared Business Services to go back out to the market at a later date should any deficiencies in coverage be identified.
Framework Agreements & Support
Framework Agreements & Support
| 18 Weeks Support|| Eden UK Clinical Services|| Pioneer Healthcare Ltd|
| Alliance Health Group|| Elective Services Ltd|| |
| DMC Healthcare Ltd|| ID Medical Group Ltd|| |
For more framework agreements see our