Vehicle Solutions: Vehicle Fleet Management, Vehicle Lease/Hire and Fuel Cards
Framework Agreement Description
The Vehicle Solutions Framework allows NHS and public sector authorities to procure a range of vehicle solutions via direct award and mini-competition. Included within this framework agreement, are Lots for; vehicle fleet management, vehicle lease and vehicle hire, and fuel cards. Via this vehicle framework agreement, there is scope for;
- Lease car scheme via salary deduction, salary sacrifice or outright lease
- Transport fleet vehicle management
- Grey fleet management
- Electronic expenses
- Insurance mediation, accident management and claims administration
- Supply of vehicles on contract hire and other funding arrangements, using multiple suppliers
- Lease or hire of vehicles
- Supply and management of fuel cards
Download the Framework Flyer
Framework Agreement Information
When does the framework run?
01 October 2018 until 30 September 2022
Who can take advantage?
NHS and Public Sector Organisations within the UK
What does the vehicle solutions framework cover?
The purpose of this framework agreement is to enable NHS SBS customers to procure vehicles under the following components:
• Car Schemes via salary deduction, salary sacrifice or lease
• Fleet vehicle management
• Grey fleet management
• Electronic expenses
• Insurance mediation, accident management and claims administration
• Supply of vehicles on contract hire and other funding arrangements, using multiple suppliers
• Lease or hire of vehicles
• The supply and management of fuel cards
The framework is broken down into 3 Lots:
• LOT 1 - Vehicle Fleet Management
The provision of a staff vehicle salary sacrifice or salary deduction scheme
• LOT 2 - Vehicle Lease and or / hire
The provision of lease or hire of vehicles to include, but is not limited to: cars, vans, ambulances and minibuses
• LOT 3 - Fuel Cards
The provision of fuel cards for public sector authorities
What are the benefits of using this agreement?
• CHOICE OF PROCUREMENT ROUTE
Direct award and mini-competition options to deliver the most economically advantageous outcome.
• BESPOKE SERVICE
Organisations can specify their exact needs and tailor services to get best value and 'fit'.
• AD-HOC CONSULTANCY
A range of additional options available.
• COST AVOIDANCE
No need to run complex procurements inhouse.
• IMPROVED MANAGEMENT INFORMATION
Project management information can readily be collected from suppliers to monitor overall utilisation of a framework agreement by member Trusts, together with the ability to assess overall spend data and information.
Saving opportunities via the procurement or via the benefits of the solutions.
• OJEU AVOIDANCE
A detailed procurement exercise has taken place to ensure that suppliers selected meet all legislative requirements. Therefore, no formal tendering is required, saving valuable time and money in the procurement process.
LOT 1 -
LOT 2 -
LOT 3 -
Benefits of the vehicle solutions framework
Lot 1 - Vehicle Fleet Management
- Full end to end solution
- All-embracing and fully expensed package provided with the car, insurance, breakdown cover and accident management built in for a convenient monthly fee
- Salary sacrifice schemes are fully HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) approved.
- Simple vehicle acquisition process using suppliers online portal
- No deposit required
- Suppliers achieve optimised prices on vehicles due to corporate discounts, which they have negotiated with the manufacturer or lease company
- Ultra-low emission vehicles (CO2 emissions up to 75g/km) brings additional savings from tax
- Savings can still be made outside ultra-low emission vehicles significant impacts such as insurance cost, type of fuel, amount of discount achieved by supplier and the driver's tax rate
- Management information systems available to employers
- Savings efficiency made via reduced electronic expenses
- Grey fleet management and electronic expenses can be provided
- Specialist consultancy advice provided by experienced suppliers
Lot 2 - Vehicle Lease and or/hire
- Provision of vehicles to include but is not limited to: cars, vans, ambulances and minibuses
- Suppliers achieve optimised prices on vehicles due to corporate discounts that they have negotiated with the manufacturer or lease company
- Solution can be used for the provision of a fleet of pool or relief vehicles
- Expert consultancy advice provided
- A variety of hire and leasing options available to meet multiple requirements
- Keep your essential car users mobile without the need for outright purchase of vehicles
- Vehicles are a rapidly depreciating asset and lose value the moment they leave the showroom, leasing a vehicle avoids the need to tie up capital in the purchase.
- Flexibility; use a vehicle for an agreed duration and mileage that suits your organisation
- Coordinating the ordering of multiple vehicles will increase the purchasing power and allow suppliers to negotiate deals with manufacturers and pass the savings back to the leasing rate
- Flexibility to increase or reduce contracts duration dependant on needs
- Leases can including flexibility to include the cost of the insurance, breakdown cover and maintenance
Lot 3 - Fuel Cards
- Savings on fuel purchases
- Significant reduction in administration time and paperwork
- Purchasing restrictions and driver/vehicle-specific cards
- VAT approved invoices outlining all transactions
- Full management information to view all transactions
- Simple payment solution for drivers, no submitting expenses claims
- Consolidated invoices, allowing for increased PO coverage as per the Lord Carter report
- Employees don't have to submit expense claims
- The price of the fuel will either be on the basis of pump price at the time of fuelling or via wholesale basis using a universally accepted index
You might also be interested to find out more about our other similar frameworks:
For more framework agreements see our