Framework of the Month
HARD FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (HARD FM)
The Hard FM framework agreement from NHS Shared Business Services runs until 2021 and provides an easy, compliant route to market to access these services. Any public sector organisation, including hospitals, GP practices, schools and local authorities, may access the framework, enabling them to purchase some of the essential services they need to function safely and efficiently swiftly and cost-effectively.
The contracts are OJEU (Official Journal of the European Union) compliant, which means framework users can choose to make direct awards to suppliers or run mini-competitions if preferred. The direct award option has the added benefit of being able to award a contract in a short space of time.
Organisations buying via this framework benefit from competitive rates, fixed pricing and NHS standard terms and conditions forming the contract. They can choose from a wide range of estates and maintenance specialisms, utilising both SMEs and national providers, to deliver either a single service, bundled service or provide a fully managed service.
The framework has 85 Providers across 45 Lots supporting organisations in meeting a variety of Hard FM requirements.
Services covered include:
• Building Management Services (BMS) - Products, Installation and Maintenance Services
• Measured Terms Contracts (MTC) on Building, Painting and Decorating, Mechanical and Electrical
• Building Fabric Maintenance
• Plumbing Services
• Fire Doors, Auto Doors and Barrier Control Services
• Roofing, Glazing and Flooring Services
• Statutory Inspection and Building Rating Services
• Fridge, Freezer, Air Conditioning and Generator Maintenance
• Electrical Sundries Products
• Fire Safety Equipment products, Training and Maintenance Services
• Hard FM Fully Managed Service
Why choose NHS SBS?
• OJEU compliant - No further formal tendering is required, saving valuable time and money in the procurement process
• Direct Award - The agreement gives the freedom and flexibility for users to choose the suppliers they wish within the remit of the Framework, which can often reduce timescales
• Competitive Pricing - Capped ceiling pricing during the framework period to support budgeting and calculation of benefits, with average savings of between 5-15%
• Hard FM one-stop shop - Comprehensive offering across 45 Lots to deliver either a single service, bundled service or a fully managed service
• Rationalisation of the Market - Suitable testing of the market to offer robust market tested suppliers that comply with latest guidance and regulations with good mix of large national providers, but also a healthy number of regional SMEs to be receptive to local needs.
• Flexible contract terms - There is the optionto select another form of Special Conditions of Contract. Examples include (but are not limited to) JCT, NEC3, ACA PPC 2000 and others
All NHS Framework Agreements from NHS SBS are free to access, subject to membership (also free of charge).
For more framework agreements see our