Information for Suppliers
Information about the types of goods and services procured by NHS SBS and a list of organisations that take advantage of our resulting contracts and frameworks.
|The NHS is one of the world's biggest and most complex organisations. As a result, finding a way to market your goods and services isn't always easy. On these pages you will find information about the types of goods and services procured by NHS SBS and a list of organisations that take advantage of our resulting contracts and frameworks. There is also a link to our Complete Tender Management (CTM) system, the e-tendering solution that enables you to keep up to date with and bid for contract opportunities. We believe there are significant benefits to suppliers of working with NHS SBS including:|
- Reduced cost of sales
- Simplified tendering processes
- Access to a large market through national collaboration
- More commitment based arrangements
- Entry point for innovation
- Access to other public sector agencies
Our contracts are used by a variety of Public Sector organisations including:
- Acute Trusts
- Ambulance Trusts
- Mental Health Trusts
- Health and Care Trusts
- Community Healthcare Trusts
- NHS Trusts
- Commissioning Support Unit (CSU)
- Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- NHS Scotland
Fire & Rescue
Welsh Health Board
Independent Public Bodies
Independent Sector Healthcare Providers
Scottish Local Authority
Isle of Man Government
Public Sector Joint Venture
Public sector organisations are able to access individual contracts and frameworks, by invitation, providing they fall within the organisational description and geographical scope of the agreement(s) as stated in the OJEU notice and Invitation to Tender documentation. Associate Members are therefore defined as public sector bodies who have requested access to a particular contract or framework.
Contracting OpportunitiesNHS SBS has a team of procurement specialists across the following main areas of spend: Purchased Healthcare; Clinical; Business Services; Office and IT; Estates & Facilties; Capital and Pharmaceuticals. All of our contracting opportunities are managed using our simple and secure e-tendering portal which can be accessed at
If you wish to express an interest in our current and future contract opportunities, please register to use the system. Following registration, you will then be provided with details so you can log on and:
- Register your expressions of interest
- Respond to pre-qualification requests for information and, if short- listed, receive invitations to tender
- Download tender documentation
- Submit responses electronically to us at NHS SBS
This e-tendering service and our e-tendering helpdesk are provided free of charge to suppliers.
We are committed to supporting the NHS, adopt innovative goods and services and in helping suppliers bring their innovative ideas to the market and invite you to discuss with NHS SBS by contacting NHS SBS Senior Clinical Advisors who will initially discuss your potential application.
Norma Callaghan - Senior Clinical Advisor
Areas of responsibility
- Critical Care
- Medical and Surgical Products
Telephone 0161 212 3718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Hudson - Senior Clinical Advisor
Areas of responsibility
- Community Provision
- Chronic Disease
- Mental Health
Telephone 0161 212 3711 or email email@example.com
Once received we will review with a panel of experts to review the submissions using the following criteria:
- Will the product significantly improve clinical outcome and or service provision?
- Is the product clinically or commercially driven?
- Is there a clinical need for this product?
- Have the findings been accredited by a recognised educational/professional organisation?
- Will the introduction of this product have a significant effect on NHS budgets-both a cost savings and cost pressures?
- We will then advise you of next steps.