Managed Service Solutions
Providing a flexible, specialised partnership model that allows for access to equipment, technology, consultancy and a range of related services.
Our Managed Service solutions provide you with a flexible, specialised partnership model that allows for access to equipment, technology, consultancy and a range of related services.
Specialist Managed Service providers enable the:
- Purchase and provision of equipment
- Installation and commissioning of equipment
- User training
- Maintenance, ongoing repairs and replacement
- Disposal of assets
- Expert staff to run services on site
- Detailed reporting to enable you to derive maximum value from the service
ALIGNMENT WITH NATIONAL INITIATIVES
Against the current background in the NHS, with the Lord Carter of Coles report requiring NHS trusts to achieve cash releasing and efficiency savings, trusts are increasingly turning to managed service contracts to realise operational, clinical and financial benefits.
"As a broad high-level measure we found that [pathology] costs as a proportion of trust operating expenditure ranged from less than 1.5% to over 3.0%" *
Trusts have been targeted with achieving the acute pathology model hospital benchmarks:
"Recommendation 4: Trusts should ensure their pathology and imaging departments achieve their benchmarks as agreed with NHS Improvement [...], so that there is a consistent approach to the quality and cost of diagnostic services across the NHS. If benchmarks for pathology are unlikely to be achieved, trusts should have agreed plans for consolidation with, or outsourcing to, other providers [...]". *
* Taken from the Operational productivity and performance in English NHS acute hospitals: Unwarranted variations - An independent report for the Department of Health by Lord Carter of Coles
SCOPE OF OUR SERVICES
Within healthcare, our frameworks allow for the provision of Managed Services in a number of key areas including:
- Pathology and Medical imaging
- Interventional Radiology
- Cardiology and Catheter Labs
- Theatres, including materials management
Suppliers appointed to our frameworks are recognised market leaders with Vendor Neutral capability, or are manufacturers focused on specific modalities and niche spend areas.
Our Managed Service Solutions are open to both NHS organisations and wider Public Sector, with options available in IT, Waste Management, Facilities Management, Catering and Buildings.
NHS SBS Managed Services include managed equipment, managed maintenance and full end-to-end managed services solutions.
All managed service offers under the NHS SBS frameworks include provision for Own Equipment Manufacture (OEM) and Vendor Neutral options.
- Specialist service providers with access to third party finance and recognised experts
- Fixed monthly repayments provide financial certainty
- Potential VAT recovery opportunities - for schemes constructed in accordance with HMRC guidance
- Provides a means to replace or acquire high-value equipment for organisations with limited capital budgets
- Customers are reporting cash releasing savings of between 10%-14%
- Mitigation of risk whereby ownership of existing assets transfers to the managed service provider for the duration of a contract
- Contractual assurance that any assets are run to the end of their useful lifecycle therefore ensuring best value for money. The managed service provider is responsible for servicing equipment throughout its working life, including planned preventative maintenance and repairs when equipment breaks down
- Flexibility - direct award and further competitions options available under our frameworks
- Robust support for staff - on site resource to manage the services contract as well as ongoing staff training
- Commitments by the managed service provider around service standards and SLA with penalty clauses to focus suppliers on providing services in line with agreed availability
- Additional support if required - NHS SBS experts are available to provide support if required at any time
If you'd like to find out more about our extensive portfolio of frameworks and speak to the team dedicated to Managed Service provision, please contact SBS.email@example.com