Point of Care Testing: Drugs of Abuse
Framework Agreement Description
The Point of Care Testing: Drugs of Abuse Framework is a multi-lot framework agreement that covers drugs of abuse and alcohol testing products and services. The framework agreement enables customers to test patient / donor urine, oral fluid and hair samples for the presence of any 'classic' drugs of abuse, new psychoactive substances (NPS / 'legal highs') and/or alcohol. The framework for drugs of abuse testing, includes testing products and analysers, as well as confirmation testing services and operational outsourcing of service (Managed Service) and has been developed to provide a compliant route to market for acute and mental health customers, as well as non-NHS public sector organisations eg. Police Forces, Probation Services etc.
Download the Framework Flyer
Framework Agreement Information
When does it start?
11 December 2017 until 10 December 2020 with option to extend for a further 12 months
Who can take advantage?
NHS Trusts and Public Sector Organisations, including Police, Probation Services, Prison Services etc.
About this framework agreement
This is a unique framework offering from NHS SBS, which has been developed to meet the product and service needs of both NHS and non-NHS organisations in relation to drugs of abuse and alcohol testing. There is a particular focus on mental health and acute healthcare settings, and various law enforcement settings. We have included products and services for testing both 'classic' drugs of abuse and also new psychoactive substances (NPS), to enable customers to keep up with the latest product developments and innovations.
The framework covers 7 lots as below:
• Lot 1 - Point of Care Testing Products - Urine
• Lot 2 - Point of Care Testing Products - Oral Fluid
• Lot 3 - Point of Care Testing Products - Hair
• Lot 4 - Point of Care Analysers and Associated Consumables
• Lot 5 - Alcohol Testing Devices, including Breath Analysers, Continuous Monitoring and Associated Consumables
• Lot 6 - Confirmation/Classification Testing/Screening of Non-Negative Samples
• Lot 7 - Operational Outsourcing of Services
What are the benefits of using this framework?
• CLINICAL COMPLIANCE
- BS EN ISO 22870:2016 Point of Care Testing (POCT) - requirements for quality and competence
- BS EN ISO 15189:2012 Medical laboratories. Requirements for quality and competence
- In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Medical Devices Directive 98/79/EC Of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 1998 on in vitro diagnostic medical devices (OJ L 331,7.12.1998)
- Plus various others
• UNIQUE FRAMEWORK
Uniquely focused on drugs of abuse and alcohol testing solutions, including NPS as well as 'classic' drugs of abuse.
• SUPPLIER FLEXIBILITY
The freedom and flexibility to choose the suppliers remitted by the agreement, and either direct award or conduct further mini-competition.
New product innovations from awarded suppliers.
• CENTRALISED AGREEMENT
For direct purchase with contract management and supplier communication included.
• CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
Supplier performance, customer satisfaction and spend against this contract are monitored on an ongoing basis by NHS SBS.
Key Elements of the Framework
- Opportunity to make significant cash savings
- 'One stop shop' for drugs of abuse and alcohol testing products and services
- Wide range of quality products to choose from, from simple dip tests and integrated cups to fully automated analysers
- Scope for introduction of product innovations to meet testing needs
- Covers testing products and services for new psychoactive substances (NPS) as well as more typical drugs of abuse
- Two lots dedicated to confirmation / classification testing of non-negative samples, and full operational outsourcing of testing to external private laboratories
- Access to quality and service-focused suppliers
- Products and services suitable for use in mental health, acute and community settings, as well as within non-NHS public sector settings eg Police, Probation Services, Prison Services, Rehabilitation Facilities
- Various levels of project support available where a customer wishes to conduct a mini-competition under the framework
- Extensive pre-tender input from industry experts
- Capital equipment purchase option
- Opportunity to standardise and rationalise products used for drug and alcohol testing purposes
NAL VON MINDEN GMBH
You might also be interested to find out more about our related frameworks:
For more framework agreements see our