Strategic Procurement Services
Our experienced and knowledgeable team of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) accredited procurement professionals together with our qualified nursing professionals are there to support you with your purchasing requirements.
NHS trusts are under increasing pressure to deliver financial savings whilst minimising the impact on frontline services. The role of Procurement has never been more important to the Health Service and is recognised as a fundamental area that can make a significant contribution to overcoming this challenge. The teams at NHS SBS understand the various national initiatives impacting NHS Trusts and other public sector Organisations. Through our experience, knowledge and approach we are able to provide relevant guidance and support to public sector organisations to ensure appropriate alignment to these, ensuring improvements are implemented. We work with a range of wider public sector customers which includes the NHS, local authorities, universities, police and fire services to name a few.
We are able to provide core procurement support and advice, through to supporting you to transform your organisation's entire supply chain, enabling improved commercial capability and efficiencies. Our services include:
- Access to an extensive - direct award options to support prompt access to goods and services
- Support with developing service requirements/specifications
- Specialist resource to manage running any mini-competitions off our frameworks to drive further value and ensuring bespoke requirements are met
- Market assessment where we'll provide best practice advice and guidance to support you in identifying commercial opportunities within the marketplace, whilst using our expertise and market knowledge to identify the right products, services, suppliers and innovations
- Our clinical and commercial advisors offer a wealth of experience and can help you facilitate strong partnerships and support you in generating savings reviewing patient pathways and much more
- Support with exploring managed service solutions, including access to frameworks as well as guidance from the SBS strategic procurement team
- Product switching analysis to identify savings opportunities
- Negotiation support to navigate complex deals, manage difficult contract situations and ensure you receive the best value for your spend.
Flexible Options - Choose the support you need to meet your requirements, boosting any existing capacity and capability to accelerate savings delivery. From helping to develop a service specification, to running a mini competition, through to analysing spend data to look for opportunities for efficiencies.
Improved efficiencies - Identification and delivery of cost savings and efficiencies opportunities. We can facilitate product standardisation, rationalisation, clinical evaluations and identify switching opportunities
Experienced teams - We have specialist procurement category managers with a wealth of experience across both a range of health and corporate services, understanding the requirements of and challenges faced by NHS and other Public Sector organisations. We pride ourselves on our effective stakeholder engagement
Competitive rates - Procurement project support available on a per project basis with further improved rates through purchasing a pre-agreed number of days that can be "called-off" as you require.
"North Tyneside Council (NTC) have recently joined NHS SBS as an associate member and awarded a contract for an ICT system for use in our Loan Equipment Store using a mini competition via the Framework for the Community Equipment. The NHS SBS staff were very helpful in providing guidance on use of the Framework documentation and offered assistance when we encountered any issues during the preparation of the Mini Competition documentation which was issued using our own documents and Tendering portal which proved extremely beneficial to NTC.
NTC is confident it has achieved the best result using the criteria laid down in the Framework and have successfully appointed the Contractor which also resulted in being the most cost effective option."
Michael Cavagin, Manager of Adaptations and Loan Equipment Service, North Tyneside Council