Transactional Procurement Services
Our services include eCommerce and enhanced procurement transaction processing, the recommended first step any NHS organisation takes on its journey of procurement transformation.
"I wouldn't hesitate to recommend NHS SBS Procurement to other colleagues who might want to use the services"
Our procurement service includes eCommerce and enhanced procurement transaction processing, which is the recommended first step any NHS organisation takes on its journey of procurement transformation. As part of this offering the teams provide various services including catalogue management, Non-PO versus PO spend and catalogue lines analysis, as well as project delivery, such as running mini-competitions
We process over £34 billion annually and transact over 1,200 requisition lines per day on behalf of our clients. Catalogue automation currently stands at over 80% for our Provider Organisations, eliminating costly, time-consuming manual tasks and ensuring efficiencies are automatically incorporated into the process.
NHS SBS recognises the challenges facing NHS organisations including those arising from the Lord Carter Report, guidance from the Department of Health around delivering savings and efficiencies, ensuring effective category management, transparency, compliance, and modernisation of systems and processes. Benefits of the transactional procurement service from NHS SBS include:
- Management of non-pay expenditure on goods & services to support in driving uptake to contracts and purchase order compliance.
- Dedicated procurement support
- Provision of a fully bespoke, client specific catalogue based on purchase requirements
- Ensure any non-catalogue items are sourced in line with procurement regulations and the organisation's Standard Financial Instructions (SFIs)
- Link purchasing requirements to national, regional and local contracts all available through OJEU compliant frameworks to drive savings
- Monthly reporting to track compliance, benefits and potential opportunities
- Improve data at line level detail to enable future procurement activity
- All queries, complaints and requests for information from customers and suppliers are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Work with suppliers to expedite delivery of goods at the request of clients
To enable your users to access the goods and services that they require, the Operational Procurement team covers:
- Requisitioning to Purchase Order processing and reporting;
- Catalogue management;
- Transactional processing of requisitions in line with Standing Financial Instructions (SFIs);
- Sourcing of local requirements e.g seeking quotations;
- End user support and advice;
- Running mini-competitions and
- Order transmission to suppliers.
We offer a unique understanding of, and insight into, procurement operations within NHS organisations based on our existing relationships, putting us in an unrivalled position to meet your needs. Our competent, proactive teams will not just process orders but identify opportunities where further savings may be made and offer additional support with obtaining quotations to ensure value for money, running mini-competitions and being on hand to advise and guide.
Providing excellent customer service is of paramount importance to NHS SBS and this can be shown by the feedback we receive from customers:
"I wouldn't hesitate to recommend NHS SBS Procurement to other colleagues who might want to use the services."
"The quality of service has been great; the team have responded quickly and clearly with regard to procedures and requirements, which is really helpful."
"The communication has been really good; timely as well as clear."
Claire Fry, NHS England
"As an IT Manager in the NHS, procurement is not my primary function, and while I understand SFI's and procurement routes to a degree, the Procurement Team have always been available by web portal, email or phone and consistently provided clear, concise and robust replies to questions I've faced. It's fair to say that procurement would be a lot more time consuming without their valued assistance."
Mark Sharman, Infrastructure Network Manager, North of England Commissioning Support (NECS)
Contacting the team
For any queries relating to Transactional Procurement Services please contact the team: email@example.com