Excel Dates and Times
Learn how to format and calculate with dates and times. Also included are a few Textual functions
Note: For our contracted customers (CCS and CPFT only), there is no charge for attending this course, as it's already covered by our partner Service Level Agreement.
It is important that before you attend this training course you are competent with the topics covered on the Microsoft Excel Fundamentals course and Calculating with Excel course. If not please use the links to register.
Excel Training Pre-requisites
|✓ Fundamentals|| ✓ Calculations|
✓ Data Analytics - Part 1
✓ Data Validation
✓ Pivot Tables, filter and sort
✓ Data Formatting and Cleansing
| ✓ Dates and Times|
✓ Data Analysis - Part 2 (max 4 delegates)
✓ Excel Macro Recording Fundamentals (on request - max 4 delegates
Who is it for?
Anyone who needs to use dates in excel to calculate e.g. waiting times, work out ages, create time sheets, etc, as well as how to format the date and times.
How long is the course?
By the end of this course you will be able to format dates and times as well as create some useful formulas to help you in your work.
- Custom date formats & Number vs. Date
- Defining date formulas as Names
- Auto-filter and Sorting with Dates
- Date shortcuts, keyboard and Auto-fill and Smart-tag
- Formulas: TODAY, NOW, EOMONTH, NETWORKDAYS.INTL, DATEDIF
- Data Validation
- Conditional formatting with dates
- Convert fractional time to hours and minutes
- Converting text to dates (import from CSV or database using Text Import Wizard)
- Convert text to dates using DATEVALUE, CONCATENATE, LEFT, MID and RIGHT formulas
Kingfisher House, Huntingdon:
- Thursday 07 November 2019 - 13.30 to 16.30
Victoria House, Cambridge (CPFT employees only):
- Friday 01 November 2019 - 09.30 to 12.30
Healthy Living Centre, Peterborough:
- Dates on request only
If there are no suitable dates scheduled, please email the IT Training Team and we will endeavour to accommodate your request.
To book this course
If you are interested in other Microsoft courses, please select one of the topics below: