Excel Macro Recording Fundamentals
Learn how to automate repetitive and lengthy steps with Macros to save you a lot of time
Note: For our contracted customers (CCS and CPFT only), there is no charge for attending this course, as it's already covered by our partner Service Level Agreement.
It is important that before you attend this training course you are competent with the topics covered on the Microsoft Excel Fundamentals course and Calculating with Excel course. If not please use the links to register.
Excel Training Pre-requisites
|✓ Fundamentals|| ✓ Calculations|
✓ Data Analytics - Part 1
✓ Data Validation
✓ Pivot Tables, filter and sort
✓ Data Formatting and Cleansing
| ✓ Dates and Times|
✓ Data Analysis - Part 2 (max 4 delegates)
✓ Excel Macro Recording Fundamentals (on request - max 4 delegates
Who is it for?
This course is delivered by request only. If there are no dates and you would like to receive this training please get in touch with us.
Anyone who wants to automate repetitive and timely steps with Excel in order to speed up their work and become more productive and efficient. (Some of the lessons learnt here can be applied to Word as well.)
This course will teach you how to create a macro using Excel's Macros Recorder and therefore you do NOT need to know any VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), Microsoft's programming language. However, you will learn how to open the VBA Editor, so you can edit the macros and copy and paste VBA code into it.
How long is the course?
By the end of this course you will be able to create, edit and delete Macros.
- What is a macro?
- Developer tab and Security Settings
- Golden Rules for recording macros
- Saving and Opening macro files and File type extensions
- Recording a macro and naming it
- Storing macros, e.g. Personal Workbook, New Workbook, This Workbook
- Macro Recorder vs. VBA Editor
- Relative vs. Absolute
- Benefits of keyboard shortcuts rather than using the mouse
- Assigning a macro to either the Quick Access Toolbar, Tab / Ribbon, Button or Keyboard shortcut
- Debugging a macro
- Deleting a macro
- Sourcing other macros or VBA code online and using it yourself
Kingfisher House, Huntingdon:
- Dates on request only
Victoria House, Cambridge (CPFT employees only):
- Friday 08 November 2019 - 09:30 to 12:30
Healthy Living Centre, Peterborough:
- Dates on request only
If there are no suitable dates scheduled, please email the IT Training Team and we will endeavour to accommodate your request.
To book this course
If you are interested in other Microsoft courses, please select one of the topics below: