Shared Services Plus
addresses the specific challenges facing NHS trusts today, including:
• Meeting the targets in Lord Carter's operational productivity review
• The requirement to identify, deliver and monitor Cost Improvement Programmes
• The need to recruit, train and deploy staff efficiently and effectively
• The requirement to demonstrate effective action in these - and other - areas
Providing targeted expertise around key strategic areas, such as recruitment, workforce, VAT, debt recovery and procurement, Shared Services Plus allows you to tailor-make a package of support to meet your exact requirements.
By giving customers more ways to pay - online via a shopping cart; in person via chip and pin, or over the phone - ICON can increase non-invoiced payment collection such as overseas and private patient fees by up to 50%. Incredibly easy to use, ICON integrates with Oracle and gives you the ability to maximise your income collection and work more efficiently.
Focusing requisitioners on contracted, best value products is key to help you meet the Carter targets and your own procurement objectives. Our service realigns your catalogue content and maintains it, giving savings recommendations and comprehensive management information along the way. Costing less than most in-house solutions and carrying out c.27,000 line amendments and cleanses per month, our service means requisitioning can be done easily and compliantly by clinical and support staff, saving time and money.
Our recruitment consultants have worked in Trusts across the country to help improve their processes, giving us unrivalled knowledge of the challenges facing the NHS. With this knowledge we have invested in our systems and processes to match the best practices. Optimised recruitment cost per starter is £182 less than average. Contact us to find out if your benchmarks for cost, productivity and quality of recruitment service match the best.
NHS organisations are under increasing pressure to streamline and make efficiencies in internal processes to support cost savings. Our experienced consultants can work with you to carry out an unbiased review of your HR and workforce processes to see how they could be streamlined and identify areas which could potentially be outsourced or automated. This includes expenses, rostering, absence reporting, payroll, pensions and more.
As NHS bodies explore innovative ways of working, it's imperative to consider VAT at the outset to maximise VAT efficiency. We offer a comprehensive VAT advisory service ranging from enhanced Contracted Out Services reviews, advice on contracts, liaison with HMRC, capital reviews and more. All work is undertaken by senior VAT consultants with years of experience working in NHS VAT for the big four, HMRC and as in-house.
This new way of working offers flexibility for NHS organisations to pick-and-choose from a range of support services to meet their exact requirements, delivered by subject matter experts.
Our fresh approach to partnering reflects our commitment to revolutionise the NHS back office and provide corporate services that suit a modern healthcare system.
For more information and a no-obligation chat, simply click here.
Why choose NHS SBS?
• We're NHS experts, providing services to more than 120 trusts and arm's length bodies, as well as every single commissioning organisation
• We offer excellent value for money, as recognised by NHS Improvement and reported by the Health Service Journal (behind paywall). In fact, we offer savings of around 30% compared to in-house provision
• Over 50 NHS organisations, including some of the country's biggest and most well-known acute and specialist trusts, either switched to NHS SBS or renewed their relationship with us in 2017
• According to Deloitte's global shared services report, take up of knowledge-based services are on the rise, with adoption of knowledge-based shared services doubling in the past five years