Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Our investment in Robotic Process Automation (RPA) has enabled our people to do more value-added work for our NHS partners, by having robots take on repetitive, time-consuming, mundane tasks.
In 2018 we deployed our first robot and - in the period since - RPA has quickly become a standard part of our Finance & Accounting (F&A) service. Our RPA experience and sophistication has increased as our robot workforce has grown, not only in numbers, but also in complexity and efficiency.
We now have an optimised digital workforce of around 77 robots across our business, more than half of which are in F&A. Each one is capable of carrying out multiple processes and, together, we estimate they've saved in excess of 300,000 processing hours (and counting) - including staff time that can be diverted to dealing with more complex financial matters and carrying out more analytical work.
Our pioneering use of robots - and the sector-leading expertise we have developed in this area - means we now share learning with other public sector organisations from the UK and beyond.
Our RPA services include:
- Our in-house, fully-qualified specialists are able to advise on all aspects of RPA, from General Process Assessment, to design programmes, to software partner selection.
- To aid robots in development to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Review service for business cases, plans, robots that are being developed and live robots.
- Our NHS partners are supported step-by-step in developing a business case for the introduction of RPA including change management and proof of concept.
- Providing the resources and methodology to create automated processes on client-hosted robots.
Managed RPA Service
- Partnering with NHS systems to create automated client processes on NHS SBS-hosted robots.
We are an award-winning Robotic Process Automation service, having obtained the 'Digital Finance Project of the Year' at the prestigious Public Finance Awards 2020, for our sector-leading Robotic Process Automation programme and also gained recognition for our pioneering use of RPA to carry out repetitive financial processing tasks at the 2020 HTN awards, where we won in the 'Efficiency Savings of the Year' category.
To find out how Robotic Process Automation from NHS SBS can support your organisation, please contact us here.